1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

D* and win mce ques

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jessem, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessem

jessem New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    I have just built a htpc and I have a panny plasma 42" comm edtv which has no tv tuners or speakers. I am using hauppage 500 mce dual tuner and win mce usb irt to control 2 sat boxes. I cannot get win remote to change channels. I followed instructions for mce My TV setup and win mce saw 2 boxes. I configured the sat box manually with sat box remote and went through 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0-channel up and channel down. At end win mce said it "learned" sat top box settings. I tried to change channel with win mce remote, the 3 digit num appeared in small tv box but did not change channel.

I have tried this at least ten times with same result. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. nmstough

nmstough Cool Member

Sep 27, 2005
    When you programmed the MCE remote, did you follow the directions to use the *satellite set top box* remote to point at the MCE IR receiver, not the MCE remote? You should have been able to program this automatically just by pressing the zero key on the satellite remote.

The fact that the number shows properly in the small TV box does not mean anything. Only when you actually see the channel change on DirecTV banner have you properly programmed it. I have also had some problems on certain DirecTV receivers where the IR on the satellite box is not sensitive enough to respond perfectly to the IR blaster and missed recording shows as a result. After trying everything, I finally had to give up and get another receiver.

3. jessem

jessem New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Yes, I tried the auto function by pressing the 0 key on the sat box remote and holding it down for as long as a minute. win mce says it does not recognize the sat box remote. I tried at least 25 times, I also used the manual config and win mce said it had learned the codes but it still would not change channels. I went through the win mce database and tried all 28 codes they have for D*--none worked--very odd.

4. jessem

jessem New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    The problem was me and how I setup my panny in wrong mode. Once I corrected that I was able to cinfigure IR buster. Thx for posting :D :D

5. jrwinter

jrwinter AllStar

Sep 2, 2004
    Is there a code on the D-10 remote that will allow it to operate the R-10 DVR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.