1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D* -- Autocorrect at 1x. Can We PLEASE Get Rid Of It?!!!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by NFLnut, Aug 11, 2007.

Autocorrect at 1x -- Good Idea or Idiotic?

1. Autocorrect: Good Idea?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Autocorrect: Idiotic Idea?

127 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NFLnut

NFLnut Icon

Sep 28, 2006
    This is the most MADDENING thing! Trying to get to a specific point in a show and you can't because of autocorrect at 1x! There is NO NEED for autocorrect at 1x! You can't even pause it to stop it because it still jumps back with pause. NONE! DirecTiVo's don't autocorrect at 1x for a REASON! Autocorrect at 2x, 3x, 4x -- Fine. Autocorrect at 1x is idiotic! Nix it NOW!

2. calidelphia

calidelphia Godfather

Feb 17, 2007
    I hate this as well. The way Earl explained it is that they can't change this without affecting 2X, 3X & 4X which completely sucks. Looks like we might be screwed on this one.....

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I did not vote because I don't think it is a Idiotic Idea but I do like having it.

4. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Voted yes here I like it

5. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I must be living under a rock. When does this happen? If it is with the 30sec ff or 3sec rw I don't mind it at all.

6. NFLnut

NFLnut Icon

Sep 28, 2006

Why does this not surprise me from a G'aints fan?! :rolleyes:

7. NFLnut

NFLnut Icon

Sep 28, 2006

As much as I -- a TiVo lover since 2000 -- think that autocorrect is a must-have, if they can't fix this, then I'd like the option to turn autocorrect completely OFF! :mad:

I find it VERY hard to believe that they can't find a way to eliminate 1x! Judging by the way it's now over a year and this boat anchor still has serious bugs, I'm thinking that the D* programmers just don't have the SKILLS to fix it. It's been standard TiVo design since 1999!

8. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    autocorrect on FF1, RW1 and the 30 second slip is idiotic. I'd also like the option to disable it completely as it's too much on the other settings.

9. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Mrs. Tibber is very much in favor of the correction. (Auto-correction really is something else: where the unit adjusts the amount of correction automatically based on your usage, but I digress.) :)

I much prefer the approach of allowing us some ability to adjust the amount of correction for each FF speed. Including a no correction setting.

Cheers,
    Tom

10. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    And I'm moving this to the HR20 Q&A thread as it is an NR feature now.

Cheers,
    Tom

11. NFLnut

NFLnut Icon

Sep 28, 2006
    Now I finally see why so many might be voting that this is a "good idea." When I made the poll, I made the choices "Autocorrect at 1x -- Good/Bad Idea?" The way it ended up posting is without the "at 1x"

I DO like autocorrect, but implementing it at 1x is just stupid since at 1x you are most likely trying to nail a specific spot. You CAN'T with the current implementation at 1x! Therefore, it's idiotic!

Apparently, you can edit your post, but you can't edit a poll?

12. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    We love FFW Correction at 1x.

DIRECTV finally got this perfect.

Please do not change it.

Sorry, NFLNut.

- Craig

13. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I agree Craig. I have not used auto correction today yet but with 0x184 it was perfect so hopefully they did not change anything from that..

14. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Ok, now I have read up on it. Here I thought I was getting real good at timing the commercial endings and show beginnings. :lol: Most definitely let it stay the way it is. This is as close to the Tivo as we have had yet.

15. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    Personally id like to see them create something were if you hit the play button twice when coming out of ffw it cancels the auto correct.

16. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    +1 Agreed I have no complaints with it either. Please leave it as is.

17. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    +1 LOVE THE AUTOCORRECT (at all speeds)

18. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    I stand by my statement and my vote. While I sometimes would like FF1 to correct less perhaps, I still think some correction is ok.

Cheers,
    Tom

19. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    FF Correction has been very positive in my house.

20. NFLnut

NFLnut Icon

Sep 28, 2006

Bzzzt. Wrong answer!

I've owned TiVo's since early 2000 and they have NEVER had autocorrect at 1x. This is why it is so easy to get exactly to the spot you need with a TiVo and why it is impossible with the HR20! I even tried pressing pause coming out of 1x and it STILL jumps back. Maddening!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.