1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D* CSR allegedly sending death threats

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mx6bfast, Apr 23, 2009.

1. mx6bfast

mx6bfast Hall Of Fame

Nov 8, 2006
    Delray...
    http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/new...omer_Service_Rep_Allegedly_Threatens_Customer

2. BKC

BKC Icon

Dec 12, 2007
    Surely this has to be a mistake... :lol:

3. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing Directv frowns on such behavior.

Saying, "What would possess them to come towards their own customers like that?" implies that changing email addresses to include "FOOL" and making death threats is company policy. Perhaps that line was suggested by her lawyer? Separate the (alleged...) actions of a CSR from those of the entire company.

It's more a picture of individuals lacking basic social skills and the ability to hold a job than a reflection of corporate policy.

4. CivicBeater

CivicBeater Cool Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I find this a bit humurous. Being in tech support I don't see how anyone could go this far, with today's job market I don't see why anyone would want to blatently lose their job.

5. CivicBeater

CivicBeater Cool Member

Apr 22, 2009
    exactly, maybe directv will offer more pay to attract better employees :)

6. mx6bfast

mx6bfast Hall Of Fame

Nov 8, 2006
    Delray...
    That quote was a 3rd party to get their pov. The person this happened to was not interviewed.

7. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Its a good thing the customer didnt mention the spoon.*

*Monthy Python skit reference :D

8. mstanka

mstanka Legend

Jan 25, 2003
    I've never had any issues when I've called Directv, well nothing like that. I've not ever had to ask for a manager, or anything like that.

Then again I usually get to the retentions department, because they generally can handle many issues better then the general support.

Michael.

9. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    I don't believe any of this happened....

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Memphis, Tn - Bad customer service takes on a whole new meaning after a DirecTV customer service representative allegedly sent an email to a Memphis customer, threatening her and her family.

CSR probably got pissed because they kept saying they lived in a Cove.

11. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    DirecTV isn't much different than any other large service company; they have a bunch of call-centers with thousands of CSRs, and a high turn-over rate due to the low pay of the job and limited upward mobility. I've worked for several similar companies, and every couple of years, a (very) bad apple manages to slip through the training and gets onto the phones.

But even with a lawsuit, any company is going to look at what it would cost to give raises to 15,000+ CSRs vs paying a little more for their insurance premiums, and the answer will be simple: fire the offender, and let the insurance handle the claim.

12. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    You do know the better buisness Bureau has no real athuority to do anything to anyone, right? I would never bother joining with them if I had my own company.

13. tomkarl

tomkarl Legend

Jan 6, 2009
    D* not joining the BBB says nothing about the BBB having excessive complaints about D*.

14. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    I have never been threatened when calling D*.

15. ciurca

ciurca Godfather

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm sure this customer was a royal pain in the ass. The CSR was probably just amusing him/herself, thinking they customer would never see the email/web info.

This doesn't excuse the moron, but all of us who work with the general population in a tech field have probably had similar thoughts. Just thinking about the ways to mock the morons generally is enough catharsis for me. Guess this customer was pretty bad.

16. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    Now that's funny! :lol:

(You had to be there...) LINGER LONGER!

17. roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782 Icon

Sep 27, 2008
    !rolling

I've been reading more and more that Directv's customer service was bad, but WOW!!!!!:eek2:

18. mtnsackett

mtnsackett Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    D* CSRs don't have access to Email on their systems at any of the call centers, so I think this may just prove to be a Hoax. unless the CSR in question used his/her cell phone or their personal email account to send the message from off the floor.

19. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    It said that the email address listed on the customer's profile was changed.

Edit: I just re-read the article again, and see what you are talking about mtnsackett.

20. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Interesting bit of info. Even if it is a hoax, the accusation will still be in people's minds.

I see how some think that the low pay attracts bad employees, but (if this did, indeed, happen as claimed) is it too much to expect human beings to treat others with a basic level of respect? I don't care if you're getting paid $600/hr or $6/hr, you treat others with respect...PERIOD. Can an employee just stop caring about how they treat others because the pay isn't what they want? For the people that are flipping burgers (no offense intended to burger flippers) and complaining that you can't find anything else, maybe, just maybe, there's a reason why you're only hired to flip burgers. Perhaps you don't try to do a good job and improve yourself. I know that every case is different, but I honestly believe that if you work hard and try to better yourself, you WILL improve your job situation. At my favorite restaurant, the manager tells me how hard it is to find good help and they pay WAAAYYY above typical restaurants. If you work hard, you get rewarded. Still, they have employees that just don't want to try and they're let go and another is given a chance.

wow...that was some rant. Calm down, dude.