1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D* has me with wrong equipment

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by LowPingBoy, Sep 23, 2008.

1. LowPingBoy

LowPingBoy Mentor

Sep 11, 2007
    Coastal...
    Checked in with D* yesterday to see about exchanging my 2 HR10s for the upgrade they are currently offering. CR said I only have one HR10. So while still on the phone I went to the site and checked my equipment list; sure enough, 1 HR10, 3 HR20s and 1 HR21. But I only have 2 HR20s and I do have 2 HR10s. Interestingly, the access card and unit serial number for one of the 3 on the list is really for the HR10 they do not have on the list. Now, I'm touching the HR10 in question, but the CR is telling me that it is really a HR20. I read the system information screen to her and she insists that the unit is a HR20. I told her that I do not believe that the HR20 has a Tivo interface and the unit I am looking at sure does. Still no Joy. Anyhow, she scheduled an installer to come by and give me a new HR20/21 for 1 HR10. But it sure would be a lot nicer if he showed up with 2 of them.

Any ideas on how to convince somebody there that I really do have 2 HR10s?

Thanks for any ideas.

LPB

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    You could try calling another CSR, I suppose.

3. Kansas Zephyr

Kansas Zephyr Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    Yes, have the tech replace the "non HR10-250".

Then afterward you can call back and get the "real" HR10-250 swapped.

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Actually, you need to call DirecTV and ask for the Access Card department. They're the ones who can get your equipment straightened out. A normal CSR can't do anything about this.

5. LowPingBoy

LowPingBoy Mentor

Sep 11, 2007
    Coastal...
    Received a PM from a CSR. Provided him with some data, account #, Rec Id, etc. Logged in and checked my equipment 30 minutes later and bingo, all fixed. A quick call about my installation; they acknowledged that I have 2 HR10s, and will make sure the installer shows up with a pair of them for me.

Very nice, satisfactory resolution to the problem.

Is it just a crap shoot as to whether you get 20, 21 or 22?

LPB

6. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Yes.