1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

D* Locals in Mankato, MN

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mmenne, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmenne

mmenne New Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Anybody have any idea what's happening with this? We were supposed to go live on Dec. 28th with Rochester, MN. No dice. Every time I call D* all I get is the same stupid CSR answer "coming soon". Even the supervisors tell me that and can't tell me what's going on.

I contacted KEYC (the one station in our DMA) and spoke to the GM and they said D* has already been there and had all the equipment installed and ready to for Dec. 28. Last they heard was middle of Jan. It's now Feb. 2nd and still no locals. The local station doesn't seem to know why either.

Confusing and frustrating...

2. mmenne

mmenne New Member

Feb 2, 2006
    The latest response from DirecTV via e-mail is that they now have no plans to add local channels. A contradiction from an October or November press release. I hate companies that intentionally keep their CSRs stupid. I'm sure they're not stupid people, but they act stupid when talking to you.

phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=767600&highlight=

arrgghhh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.