1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D* Loyal Customers Anniversary Gifts

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by LMckin, May 4, 2012.

1. May 4, 2012 #1 of 47
    LMckin

LMckin Godfather

Jan 5, 2006
    Hi all,

I emailed D* About the Loyal Customers Program Anniversary gifts here is their reply.

Thank you for writing to ask about our Loyalty Anniversary gifts.

At this time, we no longer offer our Loyalty Program gifts. We endeavor to show our appreciation to long time customers and we want you to be updated regarding our promotions. While DIRECTV offers are available for a limited time and change frequently, our best programming and equipment offers are usually found online. By registering at http://directv.com and signing up for email alerts, you will also find out about any special deals as they become available. Just go to http://directv.com/register to sign up.

We are glad you are one of our loyal customers, We thank you for your continued support!

Sincerely,

Camille A. -
    DIRECTV Customer Service

2. May 4, 2012 #2 of 47
    makaiguy

makaiguy Icon DBSTalk Club

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Won't be missed here. I never received one that worth a darn anyhow.

3. May 4, 2012 #3 of 47
    ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Will miss them, kinda figured they were ditched since I didn't receive one this time around. Sometimes they were good, other times, never used them, like the Game Channel one.

I also noticed their "specials" have gotton tougher to get since they announced their bottom line problems.

4. May 4, 2012 #4 of 47
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    All good things come to a end.

5. May 4, 2012 #5 of 47
    Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    I am kind of glad they ended it. They never really gave anything of any use so all it was was fodder for a lot of bitching.

6. May 4, 2012 #6 of 47
    ericmylad

ericmylad Mentor

Feb 9, 2009
    I logged into my account, clicked on my profile and in the my e-mail preferences section there is still a check box for "Loyal Viewer" which is described as : Anniversary gift notices for you, our loyal customer.

We all know how some emails from Directv are canned & incorrect. Maybe the OP's was too?

7. May 4, 2012 #7 of 47
    alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    It is now my anniversary date and I haven't seen anything about a loyalty gift like I used to.

8. May 4, 2012 #8 of 47
    RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Won't be missed here either. They always give me 3 months of Showtime but Showtime is already part of my package so they are giving me nothing.

9. May 4, 2012 #9 of 47
    RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Because "At this time, we no longer offer our Loyalty Program gifts".

10. wahooq

wahooq DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    You can thank all the people that try to squeeze and demand EVERY single free piece of equipment and programming that they can out of the company. A well is only so deep

11. LMckin

LMckin Godfather

Jan 5, 2006
    my was this Month so i guess it might been costing them alot to provide free 3 months of showtimes channels to every subscribers.each year.

12. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Dang, that means on my anniversary I won't get a free game lounge trial...

13. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    +1 :)

14. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    My Month was March at that time my offer online was a HDDVR $99 HD Receiver $49 , SD DVR or SD receiver Free.

When April came around everything went back to regular price. That is a much better offer than free PPV movies that were always billed but never ever credited :)

15. willmw

willmw Mentor

Aug 31, 2011
    They always gave me 3 months of some sports pack. One year, I told them I didn't watch sports, they gave me a small credit for 3 months, next couple years same 'gift' but when I told them I didn't watch sports, their answer was "well, maybe you can find something there you might like" :p

16. macfan601

macfan601 New Member

May 3, 2012

Oh spare me the sympathy for Directv. Take a look at their latest financial reports. They are not exactly going broke. The question that needs to be asked, like in the Wall Street movie: How many yachts can the Directv BODs water ski behind? Directv has a big problem right now. Someone at corporate has made the decision that their long term customers are no longer valuable. They fall all over the new $30 a month customers and tell the 12 year plus customers that they could care less if we leave and I am a $150+ a month customer. Short sited for quick gains while losing long term profits. I predict this new policy will come back to bite them. As I explained to the CSR I was fighting with trying to get a HR34 at a reasonable price: Do they really think a new customer with basic equipment is as likely to generate as much profit for them than if they put a 5 tuner DVR in the hands of a long term customer? Now just which customer do they think is likely to order the larger programing package and order the most movies?

17. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I'm gonna miss the 1 month of free sports pack for 3 months because they never tell me that I have it until the end of the second month.

18. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    This has happened to me as well.
    So much for signing up to be notified.:confused:

19. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Since I have never received one, I won't miss it.

20. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    I've been with DirecTv since 2004 and have never received a Loyal/Anniversary gift.