1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D* mailer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by armophob, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    reposted from another thread

Got a glossy mailing from D* today that explains some of the undocumented remote features. Including the double dash and press and hold play for slow motion.
    Looks like they are not only acting on this sites software suggestions, but also the informing the general public ideas.

2. KurtV

KurtV Legend

Dec 21, 2006
    I got it too.

3. mtnagel

mtnagel Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2006
    They should just send out Craig's undocumented tips sheet.

4. TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin Icon

Jun 29, 2004
    Did not know about the press and hold play for slow motion.

Thanks!

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I got this mailer too. My initial reaction was, "Tell me something I don't know". This was followed by "They could at least have stuck in a PPV coupon or something". But then my more enlightened side took over, and I realized that the only reason I know this stuff is because of avidly reading this site. There are probably thousands of people who didn't know that, and this might help them.

I work in printing and it's good to see people still relying on it, but at the same time, I would have preceded this with an onscreen message saying "Look in your mailbox for important information about your remote control!"

Maybe also I would hire Craig and have him write a weekly "Tips and Tricks" newsletter which would be on their web site with teaser messages downloaded to the DVR. I know he does this in the "official" forums but he's doing it out of his own generosity, not pay.

Which reminds me to say thanks to everyone, Craig, Doug, Earl, Matt, everyone who works 10x harder to make this a better experience than any CSR I've talked to over there. You guys are incredibly generous and I really appreciate it.

6. mtnagel

mtnagel Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2006
    Wow, to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Earl. I feel so honored :eek:

Unless of course you were talking about some other Matt and if that's the case, then :mad:

Just kidding :D

7. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    I have to echo that sentiment, since I've learned more about D* out here and the HR20 and its functions than I could ever learn just by using it.

I also thank all of you out here who make me look like a genius to my friends who don't access the forum (even though I've told them to) and give them all these tips. They just can't understand how I know all that stuff!!!:lol:

8. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    To keep that going, Ya might want to rethink your Avatar and signature logo... :lol: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.