1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D* PPV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by AJ2086, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ2086

AJ2086 Godfather

Jun 1, 2002
    When you order a PPV movie on one receiver does it come in on ALL receivers or just that one?

2. timf

timf Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 21, 2002
    It will only come in on the receiver you ordered it on.

3. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    With DISH you can order it on multiple receivers but recive one charge. Not sure about D*

4. timf

timf Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 21, 2002
    If you ordered the same movie at the same time on 2 separate receivers with DIRECTV, you'll be charged twice. If you order it online or by phone, you have to pick which ONE receiver you want the program to appear on.

5. gowilk

gowilk AllStar

Jul 3, 2002
    WRONG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!! ... As a former Dish customer that was one of my pet peeves and Directv does it the same way ... PPV is for the unit you ordered it on only ... that's the main reason they want you to have a phone line connected so they can sucker you into MORE ppv's.

I sure hate it when these e* guys come over with their false information.... I suppose Geronimo thinks a 501 receiver with one tuner is better than TIVO or UTV with two and that paying $9 for a couple of discovery channels and soapnet is a good idea as well.

At least with D*, people who live in LA market area don't need feeds from 3 different satellites to get local channels.

6. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    How do you get it to work on all of the receivers if you dont call it in but order it at the receiver? Do you have to pay for it on all the receivers if you order the same movie in one day on the all day ticket on Dish? What about the wrestling ppv if you order it at the same time it comes on?

7. AJ2086

AJ2086 Godfather

Jun 1, 2002
    The Digital Cable I have now is the same way, I just scam them and say I need to go into another room for the "baby" that I have (there is no baby) and they let me order it on all the boxes and only charge me once. Gotta love simple minded yokels.

8. kfonda

kfonda Cool Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Actually gowilk that's not been the case with me. I have ordered at least 5 ppv's on my main receiver(PVR 501)and finished watching them in the bedroom on the 301 receiver.It does pop up the dialog box confirming if you want to purchase the movie,to which I just pressed OK but I have NEVER EVER been double billed.Who knows why :D

9. markh

markh Hall Of Fame

Mar 24, 2002
    When you are billed for it and they see the same movie ordered on the same day from different receivers, they are supposed to charge just once. I've seen this info both here and at DBSForums.

I hope you are also peeved at D* for this.;)

10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    What about the WWE, Boxing, and other special events?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.