1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

D* Programming Question

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Johnny Kranthos, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Johnny Kranthos

Johnny Kranthos Cool Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Hey Guys, I recently upgraded to the Plus HD DVR package. Does this package get the HD channels in the 90's? This Sunday the Hall of Fame game is on 94 and I'm wondering if i will be able to see it. Every time I tune to it the last few days it doesnt have anything on it, but I dont get those banners that you see when you go to a hbo/showtime channel that you dont have giving you a number to call to order that channel. When I switched to this package from my old Total Choice pacage that is being phased out, the CSR told me that it was the 2nd best package. Thanks for any light you can shed on the subject!

Johnny

2. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    If you can receive ch 212 (NFL Channel) I believe that you'll get the game tomorrow then on 94. The channels in the 90's are for 'special events' and sports programs that D* puts in HD. If you tune to one of the channels that doesn't have anything on it at the moment then you'll just get the blank screen with no error message, you'll only get the message when a program is on that you're not supposed to receive.

3. Johnny Kranthos

Johnny Kranthos Cool Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Thanks RAD!

4. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    Johnny, in the future, you probably want to put this under the D* folders. This is a hodge-podge here.

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Not exactly... :sure:

The focus of the HD Programming Forum, oddly enough, is HD programming (content)
    in general and, as such, the forum is not necessarily provider-specific.

Incidentally, we're looking for a few avid HD connoisseurs to post their "Favs & Finds"
    in Hi-def programming in the newly created "This Week in HD" thread HERE.

6. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    Nick, I should have phrased this differently. What I meant is that this is a hodge podge of HD programming, nothing pertaining to provider-specific questions.

7. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Point taken! :)