DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

D10 Satellite - HD Anticipation and other posts

769K views 9K replies 930 participants last post by  Earl Bonovich 
#1 ·
uncrules said:
I don't see it on 510. I'm not using a custom channel list either. I'm using all channels.
They may be remaking the anouncement to take out the H21 and HR21. They may have gotten a bunch of calls wanting them.

#2 ·
moonman said:
Hummmmmm...most curious....I am using a MPEG2 only receiver(RCA DTC-100)
I wonder if only MPEG2 only equip. is "allowed" to receive it?? BTW if you are
thinking that the faux mention of a HR-21 has anything to do with this, you
would be wrong, as the video is the same "old" one that use to be running.
If others can "see" this channel(510) please post results in this thread?
Thanks, moonman:)
I am using an old DRD480RE at work and it does get 510. I couldn't stay on the channel as the receiver is our background music but I did see "DirecTV HD important announcement'

#6 ·
OK, so I didn't even try to read through this entire post but I talked to a DTV customer rep last night and they told me the new HDs would be live on 9/8.......of course, this is after the idiot promised me a free receiver, only to transfer me to someone who then told me it would be $70 and refused to give it to me for free. Nice.

#8 ·
I hope this is not to far off topic but what is CONUS? Continuous US or the lower 48 states whats the other word for that . . (sorry its early and I have not had coffee yet)

#14 ·
I am never afraid of asking questions hey if anyone mocks me it's just the internet . . .

#15 ·
Carbon said:
I am never afraid of asking questions hey if anyone mocks me it's just the internet . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONUS

"To avoid confusion, people often use the term continental United States when including Alaska, and one of the following when excluding Alaska, i.e., referring to only those 48 states situated in central North America: contiguous United States, conterminous United States, lower 48 states, CONUS (a military abbreviation)"

#18 ·
CONUS may exclude Alaska, But they still pickup the same directv programming from 101 as I do down in Florida. Since they're installing 5lnb dishes in Alaska one would assume they will recieve the same signal as the other "CONUS" areas on the D10 bird.

Long story short, CONUS may exclude Alaska by definition, but in reality for DBS satellites does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.