1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D10 Troubles

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by emnrich, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emnrich

emnrich New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I have 2 D10 recievers and a Phillips Tivo unit. On Saturday night, no inclement weather, one of the D10 signals began to go in and out. After about 10 minutes of this, it lost signal completely. Then, today (Monday) the other D10 loses its signal. Both units have been reset and unplugged for an hour and then restarted, but all I get is the logo and "Searching for satellite signal". I did a quick inspection of the cables and see no problems. The multiswitch feels warm to the touch. The Phillips unit is still getting a good signal. Any ideas where I should check?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    First suggestion is try the TiVo at either D10 location and see if their is a signal actually there. Also try the D10 at the TiVo location to see if they work there.

3. D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech Godfather

Jun 28, 2006
    YEp.. swap rec. Then swap ports on the MSW( if ya have any "naked" ones left open). What you describe most always points at the MSW if the rec swap shows nothing gratifying.

PS.. when the tivo is operating does it show both EVEN and ODD numbered channels?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.