1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

D12-100 vs D12-300

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by vacations4ever, Aug 21, 2009.

1. vacations4ever

vacations4ever New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    I bought off of ebay a D12-100 I got a D12-300?? My card that came out of the old D12-100 Will not work ?? Why? What can I DO!!

2. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears DBSTalk Club

Mar 18, 2008
    Model number has nothing to do with it. Have you called DirecTV?

3. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    Access cards are married to the receiver. In other words, it's unlikely that DirecTv will activate your card on your ebay receiver.

On to ebay.

I hope you verified with DirecTv that the receiver in question was in fact owned and not leased. If it was leased, your odds of being able to activate it on your account are next to zero.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    As noted, the dash number (100, 300) indicates the manufacturer and does not differntiate features or capabilities.

As to activating the unit, you do need to call DirecTV. If the D12 was in fact owned (by the seller), then you should also own it and should be able to activate it. If the D12 was a leased unit, then you won't be able to activate it and will have to deal with the seller for recourse.

If you can activate it, then the next question is with what access card. If the D12 was new, and came with an access card, then you simply call DirecTV and activate it with that card. If the D12 did not have a card, then you *might* be able to move a card from another receiver to the new unit and activate it (and deactivate the other receiver). More likely though, is you will have to purchase a new access card (about $20) for the new D12 in order to activate it.