1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

D12-500

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by p_justin, Jan 18, 2010.

1. p_justin

p_justin New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Will this box only work with the Swim system or will it work with the last model dish. Have a sneeky feeling I'm screwed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
    justin

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    It will work with an older dish just fine. There are no boxes that only work with SWM.

3. p_justin

p_justin New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Thanks for the response, do I need the b ban converter or something the box powers up and just gives me the directv signal and searching for signal. I won't even let me go the the menu of check the signal

4. p_justin

p_justin New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Sorry keyboard going wonky, it holds on the white directv screen and won't let me go to the setup of even the signal check screen any help there

5. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    You don't need a b-band converter. That is for HD, which the D12 is not. I don't know about that locked screen. When I have powered up boxes without a dish connected, the exit button usually works for me.

6. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    Try a Red Button Reset. Flip open the front panel, and press the red button. It sounds like maybe your D12 "forgot" that it's running on a SWiM system, and is looking for a traditional 13v/18v multiswitch.