1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Damn Bogus Dish Adult PPV Charges

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Scott Greczkowski, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Got my bill and got yet AGAIN another charge for Exxtasy on my bill. All my recievers have PPV BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!

We DID NOT ORDER THIS and NONE OF OUR RECEIVERS Show ini the purchases screen that we ordered it!

A call to Dish Network and they REFUSE to remove the charge!

They instead set my PPV limit to $0.00 and hope that this ends the Adult PPV's!

I think its time to call Clark Howard or something.

2. dlsnyder

dlsnyder Godfather

Apr 24, 2002
    The same thing has been happening to a friend of mine with D*. The consensus of opinion at the other site is that it was a cloned card. This is the first I have heard of anyone with E* having this problem. I didn't think card cloning was possible with E* because of the way they marry card to receiver.

3. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    dlsnyder,

I guess you didnt see the thread here about this a little over a month ago, I will see if I can find it and post a link.

4. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Mark thats TWO WORDS

And my time is work much more then $11. :)

5. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    :nono:Your a pervert and you know it!!!!!:hurah: :grin: :goodjob: :hi: :ewww:

6. bogi

bogi Godfather

Apr 2, 2002

Go to the BBB then the Dept of Consumer Protection. Stall it for as long as you can.

7. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    hmmm..
    That is strange - i guess i ll have to read that other thread...

Scott - Are you going to pay it?
    and - Who da heck is Clark Howard?

That sux though...

8. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Im undecided if I am gonna pay it or not. I am emailing Charlies office now.

Clark Howard is the host of a national consumer protection program. National airing of dirty laundry for Dish Network is not what they need at the moment.

9. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I think I would be DEMANDING a Smartcard swap with them. At least it would put the cloner out of business (and hopefully out of your life)..

10. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    is it an older card or newer one?

11. Timco

Timco Woof! DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 7, 2002
    Newbie question - wouldn't you have to swap ALL of your cards? If you don't know which of the receivers is "ordering", how would you know which one to replace? Sorry if this is a silly question.

12. AllieVi

AllieVi Hall Of Fame

Apr 10, 2002
    This question was asked in the previous thread, but I don't think it was ever answered: Did the charges indicate that the PPV was ordered via the receiver or a telephone call/website request?

I suspect the difference would be noted in the cost of the charge.

13. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    It was ordered via a receiver. Thats all I was told.

None of my receivers except for my 721 is plugged into a phone line.

All receivers show no purchases from the recently ordered screen.

All my receivers have the adult channels blocked out, PLUS have the raitings ceiling set.

14. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Actually, getting any and all previously billed but not ordered PPV movies off your records at DISH would be one thing that I would INSIST on.

15. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Mark I don't care about that. I use to subscribe to those channels at one time. (hey I wasn't always married) :) I can be man enough to admit it.

My gripe is I feel I am being ROBBED by Dish Network because they REFUSE to remove the charges from my account.

Its like going to the grocery store and coming home and finding out you have been charges for a prime rib yet there is no prime rib in the bag and I never even picked up prime rib when I was in the store. When I questioned the store about it they say "it's on your bill your stuck with it... Too bad"

Thats my gripe.

16. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I understand. I think it's VERY poor business practices by Dish Network not to refund you. There has to be a way for them to completely avoid that problem.

17. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I remember the last thread. So they said a receiver had purchased it and no extra $1 phone appeared for it being called in?

I would ask for all your smart cards to be swapped just to be on the safe side, then maybe they will get the hint.

I dont think there is anything more you can do other than cancel your service and go to DirecTv. Dish used to be so good on taking charges off but I guess too many people tried to cheat the system and they learned fast, so when the innocent ones actually do have a problem, they have to pay for other people's mistakes.

No wonder why I have so many more occurances of people getting shut off for nonpay, especially lately. They cant afford it for one reason or another.

18. BrettR

BrettR Legend

Apr 24, 2002
    That maybe very expensive if he has multiple Dish Network receivers. DirecTV doesnt offer all the channels Dish Network has also. DirecTV might have the same problem also. The satellite companies need to verify the phone number. If Dish cant, then they shouldnt be authorizing the PPV purchase and charging the customer IMO. Worse, is Dish's attitude that they couldnt be wrong.

19. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    D* and E* should make it easier to BLOCK all PPV or Adult PPV ordering at their computer systems level (not just at the reciever level) But they make way tooo much money with impulse purchases of PPV and Adult PPV that to them it is a last resort to have their computer system prevent you from ordering (legitly by sub or illegit purchase by pirate).

That is the main problem, and until D* or E* stop licking their lips at potential PPV money it won't be easily fixed.

If they did offer the easy blocking at their system (not just at reciever), I bet all special deals would be 12 Months commit, Credit Card Autopay and Unblock your PPV ordering

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.