SO... Appearantly DirecTV incorrectly charged me. I had an RCA replaced a few weeks ago. Its an owned receiver. It was replaced with an owned receiver. Well, there was a 'NonReturnEquipment Fee' on my account a couple days ago, and I wasnt paying attention and paid it. Then I realized my error. I called DirecTV yesterday, and they told me they needed my receiver back and blah blah blah, I was in a bit of a rush so I told them I would call back. There system maintenance goes from usually 8pm my time til 4am approx my time. So I call back today. I nicely explain my situation to the first rep. She told me that because the receiver was replaced with a DirecTV branded reciever, DirecTV needed it back. I insisted she was incorrect but she refused to do anything so I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor. She informed me there was "no direct line for a supervisor so she'd have to get one from the floor" I told her that was fine. She came back a few minutes later to say that her supervisor said there was nothing they could do. I called Bull****. I told her I didnt care what the supervisor thought, I'd better talk to someone who was going to get this resolved. Be it her supervisor, the Access Card Team, or Customer Retentions. So, after much more holding, I was transferred to a "Customer Resolution Specialist". Which basically is a rep from the customer service dept thats a bit more experienced, but not quite a technical agent?? ANYWAY, That rep too tried to tell me I had to send back my OWNED receiver. I told him to go read the policy again. He then decided to drop it and told me he'd credit my account, and if he could place me on hold. I agreed, and about 2 minutes later, the call disconnected. Wether he hung up, or the call was lost, I'll never know. So, I made sure I was calmed down, and I called back. This time I took the 'kill 'em with kindness' approach. I thought maybe last time I wasnt kind enough in the beginning, and I know towards the end of my talking with the first rep I cussed atleast 2ce. (Not directly at her, but rather, about the situation). Here I sit, on the line with the 3rd rep, who is 'researching'. This would be legitimate if my receiver was leased, under that pretense, then DirecTV collecting my receivers after replacing them I don't have a problem with. But trying to take my old outdated RCA (which, like the tivo's, they no longer collect), not gonna happen. As far as they're concerned, I threw it away already, as the Rep instructed I could do. I also remember the words 'target practice' coming into play. The "good" news is that due to this billing issue, I've also learned that one of my receivers has been set to leased, so I'll have to talk to the Access Card team or the Protection Plan and have it set back to owned.