1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dancing With The Stars - S10 Week 2 - OAD 3/29/10

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Stuart Sweet, Mar 30, 2010.

Who should go home tonight?

1. Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  7. Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Well, friends, is it just me or was last night a real improvement in several areas?

Minor tweaks to the graphics package meant that scores were easier to read, and I noticed that the dancers were able to sit down while in the "fishbowl." Ms. Burke had better posture and overall, there was a better flow to the show.

As for the dancing, let me say that I was impressed by the week-over-week improvement from Ms. Nash and Mr. Lysacek. Well done... I see a long career for Mr. Lysacek especially.

As for Ms. Scherzinger I'm feeling a bit duped. More than any other contestant with dance experience (I remember Mya, Mel B and Stacy Kiebler for example) she seems oddly well-trained for this point in the show. Her routines are polished and entertaining, and while that's great (and sorely needed) it does make her seem like a bit of a ringer.

What do you all think?

2. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I think I agree with that, although I hadn't given it much thought. I thought of Nicole as simply the latest breakout dancer. But I guess there's room for suspicion.

I also like Evan's progress. He's going to be force to recon with before the winner is selected.

I don't know why Buzz is even bothering. At 80, it's a forgone conclusion that he'll be one of the first to go, and he's already done enough with his life. Why ridicule himself now?

3. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    I hope I have the courage to make a fool of myself at his age ;)

4. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Keep in mind thqat Nicole S's dance this week meshed quite nicely with the type of stuff she would do when performing so it is no wonder she rocked it. I bet she may have a littel more trouble in more traditional ballroom, but she is definitely stilla ringer.

THere are a few ringers this time, including Evan Lysachek and Erin Andrews.

AS far as Buzz. He has always liked the spotlight quite a bit, so I am sure him going on this show fits that perfectly. EIther he or Kate should go this week, but I imagine he has enough fan support to keep him on for a while.

5. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    I agree with you three--Nicole has had waaaay too much dance training to be on this show. It's the improvement that untrained "dancers" make that is the entertaining part of this show. When a week 2 performer is as well trained as the pros, it's hardly a competition.

Buzz was my #1 to go first until the last dance. Though we may have to suffer a few more weeks with her, it was fun to watch Tony "quit," since I dislike her being on this show as much as he does. I guess that doesn't really meet the rule for "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything," but do I get a point for not mentioning her name?? :D

6. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Sorry folks, I don't watch this show so I can't comment much .. But I did want to say that my wife said a couple of time "Poor Kate." She clearly thought that Kate did a bad job and might very well be gone.

My first words were .. Oh, come on, people will vote for Kate. I think the vote is 50/50 Judges/Votes .. doesn't Kate still have a pretty good chance to stay in with the fan support she undoubtedly has?

7. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Courage?! I'll settle for the energy. :D

Kate appears to be unpopular with men, and just the opposite with women - hmmmmmmm... :sure:

I agree that Nicole seems too good to be true. One does have to wonder if the producers turned a blind eye for the sake of ratings. But Yamaguchi and Ohno - and even Evan - come/came from similar, if not figurative, dancing backgrounds. I don't put much behind it, and hope she does well ... I'm enjoying the dancing.

8. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Finally get a chance to at least chime in, haven't watched all of it yet. I heard Tony pretty much gave up with Kate. I never watched her other show but is sounds like she's a PITA.

9. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    In the end, it was all kissy-kissy, huggy-huggy. All the partners seemed to have spats last night, although Tony and Kate got the lion's share of the attention. Ho-hum ... one for the producers, I guess.:sure:

The real ham was Pamela. Every time the camera came on, she posed.

10. Garyunc

Garyunc Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    Stuart
    I am with you about the pussy cat doll. How can she lose? Have you ever seen them perform? They more about dancing than singing (well looking good is what they are really best at :) She is absolutely a ringer and everyone else is playing for second and it is really not fair to the other contestants.

11. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    OK so drinking game......every time she hams it up, do a shot. :D

12. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I have to say, seeing Pam Anderson in this has raised my opinion of her quite a bit.

13. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I forgot how we handle the results. SHould we start a new thread or keep this one?

14. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    OK to use this thread for the results.

15. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Well, I guess Shannen being an almost totally unlikeable person most of her career caught up with her and caused her to go home before two people who were much more terrible dancers. Still plenty of low hanging fruit out there though for the next few weeks.

16. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Nah ... the hangover would be just as bad as seeing Pam first thing in the morning. :p

17. Charise

Jan 25, 2004
    Not with this woman! :) I didn't watch J&K+8, but on this show she's been a grump or terrified, and she will never be able to dance. She has no natural rhythm or grace and doesn't seem to be able to remember the routines.

I'd say Nicole will win it hands down, but the judges loved Sabrina too, and everyone considered it shocking that she was voted out. I didn't like her aggressiveness on the dance floor so wasn't unhappy to see her go, while I do like Nicole's dancing. Anyway, no way for me to predict.

Shannon has been unpopular in her career, and she's a pretty, young competitor, and fits right in with the usual celeb eliminated first. I thought she seemed more interesting with the story about her dad, and she smiled like she was having a good time, but voters apparently didn't care by this point.

I'd love for Kate to go; she has no talent as a celebrity, like Paris and Kim K., and I really dislike being forced to watch these people. I include The Batchelor participants in there too. I almost didn't watch this season because of them, particularly Kate. However, once again, I'm in the minority of viewers on this. I guess I'm used to it. :D

18. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
  19. Charise

Jan 25, 2004
    :D

20. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Yes, Charise, my wife was quick to point out that she too was not Kate's fan. We have never seen J&K+8 either, so our sole impression of her comes from the show. Not a good showing at all ... and my donkey can cha-cha better. Her days are numbered.

Nicole can stay. She makes for good eye-candy and is a pretty decent hoofer ... plant or no plant.

Shannen looked a whole lot older on the show. Again, we're not her fans either. I agree with you on her preoccupation with dad.

Buzz was the surprise. I didn't expect him to survive the first round. Obviously there are a lot of patriotic voters out there. He too can stay (for a while, anyway).