1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

dang

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by DGEXPRESS, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Aug 3, 2012 #1 of 10
    DGEXPRESS

DGEXPRESS New Member

Mar 26, 2006
    I am getting rid of my landline. How will that affect my 722k? Do i need to do anything?

2. Aug 3, 2012 #2 of 10
    Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    The only con that is actually noticable will be that you won't be able to order ppv via your remote. That's about it.

3. Aug 3, 2012 #3 of 10
    scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    BZZT ! -

If you have broadband, Connect it to your HD receiver - then PPV / VOD will be available from your remote.

4. Aug 4, 2012 #4 of 10
    Tecmo SB Guy

Tecmo SB Guy Legend

Sep 27, 2007
    If you have Caller ID and have it displayed on your 722K you won't be able to use it anymore but other than that, what scooper said about connecting it to your broadband will work fine for getting PPV and Video On Demand.

5. Aug 6, 2012 #5 of 10
    Andy74

Andy74 Mentor

Nov 25, 2005
    You might get audited by Dish (Dish assumes that all subscribers with multiple receivers and no phone line are sharing the account with others).

This wasn't a pleasant call, the people they hire to do this act like they own the world. I had my dish service shut down on 2 out of 3 receivers at a time when I was in hospital for 2 weeks and wife had other things to deal with besides not getting TV.

6. Aug 6, 2012 #6 of 10
    joyandjerry

joyandjerry AllStar

Jul 3, 2012
    I was told (several years ago), that I would have to pay another $5/mo. if I did not have a land line. That may have changed.

7. Aug 6, 2012 #7 of 10
    garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It was a $5 discount if phone line was connected, this has since been discontinued.

8. Aug 6, 2012 #8 of 10
    fudpucker

fudpucker Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    NW Iowa
    Yep, we got rid of our landline before we switched from DirectTV to Dish, they installed 3 receivers and just connected via broadband. Never had a problem or inquiry.

9. Aug 8, 2012 #9 of 10
    idahocouchpotato

idahocouchpotato New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    We also have multiple receivers and no phone line and have never has any whiff of any audit. I wonder if it is because we are in a house instead of an apartment building? Also, my impression is that it is reasonably common for people to not have a landline anymore, so maybe that is no longer a metric that triggers an audit?

10. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Not sure what will cause an audit. Only thing for sure is the more receivers on an account that are connected to phone/internet and in the same area will decrease the chance of an audit.