1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Danica Patrick getting divorced

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by fluffybear, Nov 20, 2012.

1. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    From Fox News:

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Performance and durability are of the utmost importance to race car drivers. :)

3. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    With all due respect, why is this even worth discussing? When I saw the title of this thread, I confess that my immediate reaction was, "Who cares?"

Have we as a society sunk depressingly low that we're now advertising the divorces of minor notables?

Maybe it's just me, I guess. :shrug:

4. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Its not just you. I say it everyday while watching local "news".

5. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    Yeah....ya knew things would head this way as soon as the GoDaddy commercials started... :D

6. WestDC

WestDC DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Announcement means- She is back in the race again and READY to ride ;)

7. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I first saw this in places I expected to see it - sports sections.

Now I'm seeing the story all over the place and, yeah, I have to ask "so what?".

The fact that the first woman who *ever* finished in the top-10 in a NASCAR national series announces a divorce right after she accomplishes that feat? Yeah - sports section news. But that's it.

8. jdskycaster

jdskycaster Legend

Sep 1, 2008
    I am sure many of the single guys here are happy for the heads up! Wait a minute, single guys have better things to do than surf DBSTalk, never mind.

9. njblackberry

njblackberry Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    I heard that she took out 10 other marriages and blamed everyone else.

Yes, this is not news. Or even remotely news.

Another media invented creature.

10. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    If I was 50 years younger, we did not have cougars in the old days.:)

11. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I would think that him being home and her on the road at least 36 weeks of the year is a major problem.
    Also he might not like being known as "Danica's Husband".

I will miss my NHRA and NASCAR until it starts up again in February. This past year was a good one in the racing communities.

12. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    It isn't news to me... but then most news isn't news... gossip has become the news... I remember when people made fun of gossip, even though they did it anyway... now the stigma of gossip is gone, and is largely replacing the actual news.

Divorce of anyone should only be news to the people and families involved... but that's true of a lot of things.