1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dark drama leads Emmy nominations, Netflix enters race

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Athlon646464, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Dark drama leads Emmy nominations, Netflix enters race

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Television thriller "American Horror Story: Asylum" and medieval fantasy "Game of Thrones" led nominees for primetime Emmy Awards on Thursday, while the Internet streaming service Netflix made history with nods for its first foray into original programming.

Netflix landed a total of 14 nominations between political drama "House of Cards," comedy "Arrested Development" and thriller "Hemlock Grove," a validation of its challenge to broadcast and cable networks. It is the first time programs not produced specifically for television have won Emmy nominations in the top categories, with "House of Cards" competing for best drama and leading stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright in best actor and actress groups.

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    There is seldom a good reason to "quote" the previous post. Please look up 'redundant' and 'unnecessary' in the dictionary.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You're right. I shouldn't have included the previous post.

Here's my original comment:

I thought House of Cards was great. Hemlock Grove...not so good, but watchable. Surprised it got an Emmy nomination. I would urge anyone who liked the American version of House of Cards to watch the British version.

Rich