1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Data Transfer Issues from 1st Gen Hopper to EHD

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by KalebD, May 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KalebD

KalebD AllStar

May 8, 2007
    I apologize if this has been asked, but sometimes attempting to find older threads is a crap shoot at times.

I purchased a 2nd Gen Hopper with Sling. I am working on moving my recordings to an EHD for a transfer to the new Hopper, and have been able to copy all but 4 files over. A few items:

* The files that copied were a mixture of set DVR recordings and recordings saved to DVR from Prime Time.
    * Newly recorded files directly to DVR copy over to EHD just fine.
    * Files that currently will not copy are files that were recently recorded in Prime Time and transferred to DVR.

My only concern is that these shows are the last few episodes of a season I have not watched and I would have to watch 8 to 10 episodes of a series to watch the final few online before the networks delete them from their viewable content.

Any ideas to get these last few files over?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    You have to wait until the PTAT setting for the number of days to expire for those recordings. Change the PTAT setting to 2 days which is the minimum. I assume you have these saved in My Recordings. If not do so.

1 person likes this.
  3. KalebD

KalebD AllStar

May 8, 2007
    Yes. They were saved in my recordings/DVR.

So right when I am ready, I can change the save time then move over, since a few of them are over a week?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    The default expiration date is 8 days. So over a week should be OK.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]What were the files you were not able to transfer? Did you see any error messages? I see you got a great tip from thomasjk. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Please let me know if you need further assistance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thanks [/SIZE]

6. KalebD

KalebD AllStar

May 8, 2007
    Everything transferred. Problem now is getting them to transfer back to the new new hopper to view via mobile.

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    I recommend you leave them on the EHD. They can all be viewed directly from the EHD. Some folks have reported issue after transferring them back to a Hopper.