1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Date of MLB teams TV schedules??

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by dummyproof, Jan 30, 2004.

1. dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    Anybody know roughly when the baseball teams will be releasing their TV coverage schedule? (Local and RSN's)

2. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Some of the schedules are public, some have yet to be released. Is their a particular
    team you are interested in?

3. dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    Reds and Indians locally, Braves, Cubs and Mets I guess for the SS's. I'm new to the SS's so I'm not sure how much I'll get to see and how much will be blacked out.

4. Feb 2, 2004 #4 of 16
    Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Indians sched here:
    http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NA...e&fext=.jsp

Reds Spring Sched:

Monday, March 22 Reds @ Indians (Winter Haven) -- 1 pm

Tuesday, March 23 Yankees @ Reds (Sarasota) -- 7 pm

Saturday, March 27 Indians @ Reds (Sarasota) 1 pm

Mets Spring sched here:
    http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nym/schedule/y2004/broadcast_spring.jsp

Cubs Spring here:
    http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/schedule/spring_2004_broadcast_schedule.jsp

I have not yet seen a Braves schedule for Spring or Regular season telecasts.
    The Mets on WPIX are never blacked out. I've heard of an instance or two
    where a Cubs game on WGN might be blacked out. For example when the Cubs
    face the Reds at Great American. I hope this helps.

5. Feb 7, 2004 #5 of 16
    Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I hope they don't black out WGN when the Cubs are playing. It's tradition and I can remember when ALL Cubs games were broadcasted on WGN long before all these sports channels were on the air.

6. Feb 7, 2004 #6 of 16
    jstrick

jstrick Cool Member

Feb 7, 2004
    yea like back in the early 80's Cubs=WGN Mets=WOR Braves=WTBS you could catch every game, now you seem to never know which station will carry which game. Does Turner South carry any Braves Games?

7. Feb 7, 2004 #7 of 16
    TerryC

TerryC Icon

Jul 18, 2002
    Yes, they carry a lot of them. The main reason why TS started up was to broadcast Braves games.

8. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Braves regular season TV schedule is up. No word on pre-season broadcasts yet. ESPN may get 3/15 Cards P-S game.

www.atlantabraves.com | schedule |

9. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Visit the teams websites. The schedules have come out Pre-and Regular Season. Cubs open the regular season this year on the road Monday April 5th @ Cincinnati at Great American Ballpark. Have a nice day. :)

10. Ronmort

Ronmort Godfather

Apr 23, 2002
    We're down to only a few teams that have not released their tv schedules-Astros, Angels, Mets, Brewers, White Sox, and Tigers. Let's see which team is last and we'll award them the idiot prize. :lol:

11. styxfix

styxfix AllStar

Aug 7, 2002
    Here are two links for Giants TV Schedule. This link has a list of all Giants and A's on FSBA. KTVU has not announced their Giants TV schedule, but the KMAX in Sac. has a list of their games here. KTVU will air these games and probably many more when they announce their schedule.

12. Ronmort

Ronmort Godfather

Apr 23, 2002
  13. styxfix

styxfix AllStar

Aug 7, 2002
  14. dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    Looks like the Mets and the Marlins are the only teams to not announce their RSN/Local broadcast schedule still.

15. dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    Seeing how the Marlins have listed their broadcast schedule...

The WEINER IS ....The Mets! :down: :rolleyes:

Unless I am mistaken, the Mets are the last team to not list their broadcast schedule yet.

16. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002