1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 2 and I'm starting to hate E*

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by poppin_fresh, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppin_fresh

poppin_fresh Mentor

Oct 14, 2006
    I posted a thread earlier about my botched install on friday. I am going to call my installer back to correct the problem tomorrow. In the mean time, I have had my ViP 622 lock up twice in the last 2 hours.

I'm not getting off on a very good note here. I'm thinking about making them reinstall my D* equipment and giving me back my money.

Edit: Right after posting, it locked up again! :mad:

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Recognizing that you're dealing with a botched installation, I think you should give the installers a chance to make it right before you decide that it isn't going to work.

Who is to say that restoring the D* setup isn't going to go badly?

3. poppin_fresh

poppin_fresh Mentor

Oct 14, 2006
    I have a feeling they are going to ask me for more money to add the other dish they didn't install. I already paid them an extra $100 because I have a 2 story house and they needed a second man on the job. I basically paid for a guy to hold the ladder...thats all he did. Then they reused all my D* wiring, so they didn't even have to pull anything.

4. whatchel1

whatchel1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2006
    The extra for the 2 story house was a minor rip off because they don't like to climb that high. Now if they try to charge you for adding the additional dish that should have been installed tell them to wait while you call dish to make sure that they should charge you for it. I think they will shut up and do it for free which it should have been done in the 1st place. :nono:

5. Mx_Rider

Mx_Rider Cool Member

Jul 14, 2006

Huh. I have a 2 story house and they only sent 1 guy and there wasn't any charge for installation. Strange..

Believe me, call dish and you will get your money back. When I started with dish 2 months ago my bill was $85. Today I received a bill for $110. I bitched and bitched to a supervisor at dish, and threatened to leave and they changed my bill for a year to the $85 price. Just call dish and bitch and I'm sure you'll have no problems. They really really want your money!!!

On a side note, you not alone in the bad 622's. I'm on my 3rd box.

6. debpasc

debpasc Legend

Oct 20, 2005
    Quality of installers is a big deal. Fortunately for me, someone in my area posted their great installation experience on this board and I sent them a private message requesting the identity of the installer. Once I had that info, I called the installer and they called Dish to get my work order assigned to them. Not only did I get a quality installation, they did it three weeks before Dish had it scheduled. This installer and his company were so far superior to the one Dish sent for the instal on my previous receiver -- they weren't even in the same league. There is obviously no quality control or significant requirements to get on the installation panel.

7. poppin_fresh

poppin_fresh Mentor

Oct 14, 2006
    I called today and the installer is coming back on wednesday to add the other dish at no charge. I dont think they've done many HD installs up here in the "sticks". Now I hoping that they can pull in the other sats once their out here.

8. whatchel1

whatchel1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2006
    It took 2 installers to get it right for me to start with. I went from Voom to Dish when V called it quits. They had to have 2 different installers come out to get it right and this was with a 942. They had never even seen an E* HD receiver before mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.