1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 500 & Bud shootout

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dogs31, Jan 30, 2012.

1. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    Since FOX is broadcasting the Daytona 500 & the Bud Shootout, is there any chance that Dtv will show the races in 3d?:lol:

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    None of the big 4 networks utilize 3d on their broadcast channels, so that is doubtful.
    Nascar has not released any press releases at all relating to 3D that I could find on their site.

3. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    I haven't heard anything about it at all and I follow NASCAR pretty closely. Nothing on Jayski, Twitter or NASCAR.com about it.

I will say that if it were broadcast in 3D I'd finally go out and buy 3D glasses for the family.

4. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    A couple of years ago,TNT had the coke zero400 in 3d.

5. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Ya I watched that race that was in 3D and not to start a forum war or anything but watching NASCAR in 3D is not worth it... The camaras are too far above the action and the camara shots from across the raceway are too far to get a feel for the 3D.

As for racing, I think we won't see any 3D shoots. IMHO not worth the time and money.

6. Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused Godfather

Jun 13, 2007
    I guess it might be cool when they show those ground level shots of the cars running over that little gopher dudes burrow, but what good is 3D when the cars are going away from you or side to side on the screen?