1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona "Coke Zero" 400 in 3DTV

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by webby_s, Jul 3, 2010.

1. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Anyone watching/watched it on the N3D channel, thoughts?

I think this would have to be one of the first 3D NASCAR races in 3D and boy it looked like it!

Disclaimer: First and foremost, I did not buy this TV for the 3D. I bought this tv for the great quality it had/has and I love it. 3D was a bonus. It's sad I have to say that but I feel I need to because 3D seems to rub people a weird way.

To be honest with you I would have to say there is nothing special here. There is MAYBE 8 3D cameras there and we all know with NASCAR, the more cameras the better. The only good shots were taken of the pit row. Those were the only shots that were "neat" enough to take advantage of the 3D aspects of things.

Otherwise the shots of the straight-aways and turns were focused way out and did not even remotely take advantage of 3D in the slightest.

If the MLB All-Star game and Home Run Derby are no different, 3D won't make it mainstream.

Do I care if it does, no not really. I think 3D is ok. It is no game changer as of yet.

These are my thoughts and my thoughts alone, take them with a grain of salt and that's my $.02 cuz that's all it's worth :)

Your thoughts?

2. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Actually as I am watching. There is a front straight away shot they have and the fence in front of the fans, is more distracting because it's "in front and out there" compared to the racing field. They need to zoom in on the field, more cameras.

Oh and I didn't mention there is no graphics during the race to see the current positions of the racers. That's a fail.

3. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Funny, I guess I was, seriously, the only ONE watching it in 3D (be it only for an hour or less) last night!:lol: :eek2:

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Don't have a 3D TV here... but I did watch the end of the race.... that was a crazy finish.

5. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Any finish that doesnt include the 48 is a good finish :)

6. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    :up::up::up: