1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBS US to Canada

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Mark143, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark143

Mark143 Guest

I have a vacation house in british columbia, canada. Is it possible to bring any US based digital satellite there? I heard it can reached that area but I don't know how far. I travel between those two countires often & my family and I don't want to miss our favorite programs.

2. ayalbaram

ayalbaram Legend

Aug 4, 2003
    I believe Dish should work up there provided there are no trees or buildings blocking your LOS, but I don't think you are allowed to do so as per dish's rules and fcc regulations.

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Get yourself the IDENTICAL dish hardware you've got at home and hook it up. Do your best to make it non-obvious. Carry your receiver back and forth - and also don't be obvious about it. Don't plug your receiver into a phone line up there - I mean it.

4. Mark143

Mark143 Guest

Thanks. The canadian government is very lax on implementing laws on US based DBS. I was wondering if VOOM can reach that area as well. It has the most HD channel

5. peano

peano Icon

Feb 1, 2004
    Lax? Do you not know about Bill C-2? It was the Liberal's first priority under Paul Martin and would have banned the importation of US DBS receivers among other things.

As for VOOM working in BC, as long as you are not way north, you should be OK.

6. Mark143

Mark143 Guest

Thanks. I was hoping it can reach the outskirts of downtown vancouver like burnaby. South

Let's see how they are going to implement that law

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.