1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DBSTalk Kicks off Prelaunch!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by David Bott, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dec 3, 2013 #1 of 25
    David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    DBSTalk is happy to announce that it is working with Prelaunch and getting it kicked off with member invites!

[​IMG]

Prelaunch.com is debuting during the 2014 International CES and is a website that will connect early adopters with brands at the earliest stages of product availability – something its developers say will benefit the vendor, the early-adopting consumer and eventually, the performance of the product when it reaches the retail point of sale.

Consumer participation is FREE, and starts with a signup process. Once on the site, consumers browse product offerings, but besides early buying access to products, perks could also include things like availability of engineering samples, contest opportunities, and even “crowd discounting” – that is, getting the benefit of a price-drop for a product the consumer has already agreed to purchase, if enough other consumers sign on to buy it. This is because you DON'T pay upfront when you pre-order as you are only charged when the product ships.

For Example...Prelaunch has already engaged with printer and projector company Epson, the headphone brand AfterShokz, and wireless speaker brand Libratone, and relationships with more companies will soon be announced.

DBSTalk is the first community offering this to it's members so they can sign up to receive an invite to the site when it goes live. So getting in first for a "pre-launch of Prelaunch" is a hot, as you will be able to be one of the first in line to register for the site as some items may be limited at first.

CLICK HERE to SIGN UP FOR AN INVITE NOW and be sure to mention DBSTalk for your early invite!

(Please feel free to also refer this to your friends so they can also receive an invite.)

1 person likes this.
  2. Dec 3, 2013 #2 of 25
    David Bott

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    Disclosure....I am on the Board of Advisors for Prelauch as well as a founding partner.

Needless to say, I am so very excited about this as it is a dream I have had for a very long time when I did the first "Powerbuy" on AVSForum back in 2002. Prelaunch has been able to take that idea full circle now to not only benefit the consumer, but also help the manufacturers.

We look forward to being able to work not only with DBSTalk, but all communities. However, I am just so happy to have been able to bring the news here first to help kick if off so our members can be some of the first to be invited!

Thank you all.

3. Dec 3, 2013 #3 of 25
    phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    All signed up. Responded to the email. Looks interesting.

4. Dec 3, 2013 #4 of 25
    Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Signed as well!! Can we post this on Facebook? Or would you prefer a more "selective" target audience.

5. Dec 3, 2013 #5 of 25
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I'm in.

6. Dec 3, 2013 #6 of 25
    David Bott

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    Post to any social network. :) The more the better. The idea is to help drive a price of an item down if people pre-order the item with you. (When that time comes and if the manufacturer allows for it as not all items may fir that need.) But for sure, the more the better at this point. They not need be DBSTalk members, but have them use us as a reference to be able to get the early invite. (And if they want to register here, they can feel free. :))

7. Dec 3, 2013 #7 of 25
    Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    me, too!

8. Dec 3, 2013 #8 of 25
    Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I'm in!

9. Dec 3, 2013 #9 of 25
    NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Thanks for the invite, I am in.

10. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Thanks, I am in as well!

11. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I like knowing new tech, but seldom will I buy new tech. There are just too many Edsel in the tech equipment world.

12. David Bott

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    Just a note...Prelaunch is not just tech. It will also be doing fashion like watches and collectables for example.

13. FHSPSU67

FHSPSU67 CE'er & Retired Engineer DBSTalk Club

Jan 12, 2007
    Windber, PA
    I'm in!
    Thanks for the opportunity David!

14. KK in CT

KK in CT Legend

Jul 13, 2010
    Very interesting. I'm in. Thanks!

15. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Invite requested.. Can not wait to see what is out there...

16. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm in too.

Rich

17. dmurphy

dmurphy New Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Sweet! I'm in!

18. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club