1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBSTalk NCAA Basketball Tourney

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Danny R, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    See how you stack up against your fellow DBSTalk members.

Go to Yahoo's tournament site and fill out a bracket:

Group ID: 85732
    Password: play2win

For those who are interested, I'm also running an optional $5 pool for the tournament.Click here for details.

This pool is entirely separate from the website and is a private affair. You do NOT have to pay into the pool just to sign up for competition purposes.

BRACKETS CLOSE: Thu Mar 17 12:15pm EST

2. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    We've got 5 folks signed up thus far. I know we can get a lot more. Time is of essense as the brackets close in a day and a half.

3. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Tick tock tick tock... just about 24 hours till the brackets close. Get signed up!

6 players thus far, half taking a dip in the pool.

4. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Deadline to get teams in and brackets completed is noon today (eastern!)

5. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Less than 1 hour before brackets close!

6. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Oh well, only 7 players. So who's who? I'm not certain who a couple of players are based on the email/yahoo ids.

Danny's Pick-em = me, Danny R
    Tusk = Tusk
    Guido_UL = Ray Clum
    This isn't fantasy football? = cdru
    Sparkman = ???
    Kani = mwgiii
    The Sage's Collection = ???

7. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    We'll it looks like I'm in first place again in this contest. Woo hoo. Of course so are the rest of you but I'll ignore that fact.

Good luck everyone. Looks like it could be interesting come the later rounds.

8. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Currently Sage is in the lead, no mistakes at all yet after the first 4 games.

Sparkman is in 2nd I believe, with 3 out of 4. But his taking Alabama up to the sweet 16 might cost him points later.

9. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Sage is a genius thus far, going 8 for 8.

10. Bama Mac

Bama Mac AllStar

May 11, 2004
    :crying_sa :crying_sa :crying_sa :crying_sa

:icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

11. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Cheering for Alabama were we? ;)

12. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    What was your first hint?

13. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Go Huskies!! EweDub has a very fun team to watch this year. They are soooooo quick they can crash six, count 'em six, guys to the boards and never get beaten going to other way. Catch 'em if you can.

14. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Wow Sage... 14 out of 16 of the first games. Not too shabby!

15. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Wow, what I'd do to have that accuracy. Sage is mopping up with 18 of 20 games correctly predicted.

By chance do you have tonight's lottery numbers?

16. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    He should have done a Pick-10 in Vegas. Correctly pick 10 teams against the spread and a $20 bet becomes $12,000. Helluva lot more then the $15 he could have won here.

It's still fairly close. Most of the effect of the upsets can be minimized if they go out the next round. Only Alabama, LSU, and UCLA did people pick to go into round 3.

Some of the higher seeded teams though need to figure out what's going wrong in their game. LSU got walked over, and Wake Forest and Ok. St both struggled for a while before pulling ahead.

17. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Sage is up to 22 of 24 now.

Of course second round might turn things for the rest of us. Nobody seems to have made a critical error and picked a team for the finals that's been eliminated yet.

18. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Can I suck any worse at this? In the three games I'm in, I'm in last place in every one.

19. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I too am in 3 different pools. I have no idea how I'm doing in my other bracket as it's not scored until the end (hand scored). My other pool I'm in is a grid. I have 2-9 and 3-7 as my W-L last digit number. I've come close a few times, but haven't hit yet. C'est la vie. So much for illegal office gambling.

For those that are interested, Yahoo does have a scenario generator where you can play with who wins in the later rounds and what effect it has on the scoring.

20. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    For those that are interested, Yahoo does have a scenario generator where you can play with who wins in the later rounds and what effect it has on the scoring.

Yeah, that is rather run to play with. I do still theoretically have a chance to win if everything goes down my way for the remainder of games.