1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DC Area - Local HD Channels - HR10-250

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Black Mammoth, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Mammoth

Black Mammoth New Member

Jan 27, 2006
    I think the answer to my question is no, but I wanted to make sure by asking the gurus :)

Can I use an HR10-250 to receive the local HD channels (not using the OTA)? I suspect the answer is no. I'm guessing that they are not broadcasting the local channels in both MPEG2 and MPEG4. Is this correct?

So that least me to my next question. For those that have the HR10-250, how are you getting your HD channels now? Did DirecTv give you another box (H20?) to use until the new version of the HR10-250 (HR20-250?) comes out?

I'm looking to get DirecTV. But I need to have HD and a DVR. I would prefer to have them in one box. I hate to get the HR10-250 and not be able to use it because of the MPEG4.

Any info to help a noob out is appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Crystal Pepsi Ball

Crystal Pepsi Ball Godfather

Jun 29, 2004
    West Valley...
    You are correct, the HR10-250 cannot pick up locals over the dish in HD. D* does not give you another box for HD locals. The HR20 will be available mid-2006.

Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.