1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

deactivated radio still works

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by brroland19, May 8, 2009.

1. brroland19

brroland19 Mentor

Oct 25, 2008
    I have a sportster radio that has been deactivated since last march. The other day i plugged it into my boombox in my shed and the radio updated channels then continued to play. it has been receiving programming since that day, i checked my account and it isn't shown as active and im not paying for it. Am i just lucky or do you think it will get shut off soon?

2. roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782 Icon

Sep 27, 2008
    I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. Turns out I wasn't lucky it was just a week long free preview going for people with radio's that used to be active,and I just happened to try out the radio and thought I was getting free programming. Perhaps it's the same thing but who knows.

3. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    i have 3yrs strong now get all the updates sadly i have had a lot of units like the replay and the mifi but this is called one i think its the cheapest player offred looks like a radar detecter