1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead DTV DVR 15

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by HATES DTV DVR, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HATES DTV DVR

HATES DTV DVR New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    I have a DVR 15 at 98% full status.(the hard drive) I have a bunch of ppv's & lots of shows. I have an active account and an active card on it but it does not see the card id (000-000-000) shows as card id.

DTV sent me a new card and the same thing happens (card id 000-000-000)

My question (finally) is how I can watch these shows?

DTV is sending another unit (DVR10) but I want to watch the ppvs especially and also the shows. Is there any way I can get it to let me see whats on it or any way I can put the hdd in my computer and get the programs off?

Thanks

2. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
  3. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Was the receiver deactivated? If so:

Check out the FAQ section. If the DVR would be reactivated, remove the sat cables and then deactivate you should be able to continue to use DVR functions with the saved shows and access MyVOD.

If the DVR is hooked up to the sat feed they send a signal to remove the DVR functions and ability to watch previously recorded shows. Do note, by still having DVR functions that does not mean you can still watch live TV (obviously) with out a subscription.

The key is to remove the sat feeds before deactivating.

If you did not deactivate the reciever -- it sounds like it is dead, and as good as a doorstop.

4. HATES DTV DVR

HATES DTV DVR New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    I did not deactivate it it died. It refuses to see the card so it cannot be reactivated. I have just removed teh hard drive and am now looking for a solution to be able to put in a computer and watch the darn shows.

I have an ancient Linux release I never played with how hard is it to install it on a computer and then get the shows off the drive? Can I do it in Lindose? I am computer literate but not Linux literate.

Gracias.

5. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    I haven't found anyway to get shows off the R15 drive. Although, if it was the box that died you should be able to take the drive and maybe card from your dead unit and put them in your new unit, with the SAT being hooked up, and watch your shows.

6. HATES DTV DVR

HATES DTV DVR New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Problem is the new unit(s) are DVR10s which are TIVOs (thank god) I guess I'll just use the drives (I have two dead R15s) somewhere some day and get DTV to refund the ppvs.

BTW I just tried the second 15 it also does not see the card (which is currently subbed and working in the 10, it used to belong to the 15)

Thanks for all the help.

7. Vegas

Vegas Cool Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Do you still have the "Dead" unit? I'm looking for a driveless R15 to experiment with.

PM me if you want to sell it off.

Thanks

Vegas

8. HATES DTV DVR

HATES DTV DVR New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    I do and it is indeed now driveless, but I am in Mexico. Shipping would be at least 70.00 and more likely 100.00 you can have it for actual shipping as it is in the garbage so of no use to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.