1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Deca Band stop filters

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by my1423, Jun 13, 2010.

1. my1423

my1423 Godfather

May 16, 2009
    Deca Band stop filters proper installation.
    I have read that the swim switches have them built in and dont require them and also read that they are needed. Also read that they are only needed at each termination without deca.
    I have read that they are needed on a swim 8 lnb.
    Are they needed on a swim 8 switch? Are they needed on the four lines from the lnb on a swim 16? Before or after the switch on 16 and 8?

So to simplify.

Swim lnb only... Y N
    Swim 8 switch... Y N
    Swim 16 switch... Y N
    Before switch... Y N
    After Switch... Y N
    Only for non deca terminations ie d12 r16 ect... Y N

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    If your SWM unit does not have a green label, the first thing connected to it should be a BSF.

If your receiver does not have a DECA adapter hooked to it, it should have a BSF. (Hx24s all have DECA remember!)

HR20-100s need a BSF installed in a way described elsewhere.

Unused, terminated legs do not need a BSF.

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Only on non green stickered/labeled SWiMLNB, SWM8.
    SWiM-16 all have them internally.
    Green sticker have them internally too.
    Only on the output since these are to block the DECA signal from interacting with the SWiM.
    Any receiver without a DECA on a DECA/SWiM system also needs to have it blocked. With a DECA or with one internal [H/HR24] the DECA does the blocking. "Except" for the odd way these work with the HR20-100 configuration, which also needs a filter along with the DECA.