1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DECA box gets really hot!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Jammasterd, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Jammasterd

Jammasterd AllStar

Jul 6, 2006
    My HR-22 was having some PQ issues(pixelization and pausing) so I decided to check the connections behind the box.

The DECA box was really hot and the coax cable f connector going "Towards" the LNB was so hot , I could only touch it for 5 seconds. The other f connection was warm.

I don't like a hot box like this laying on my wood furniture.
    I'm somewhat concerned.

EDIT: found this http://www.dbstalk.com/archive/index.php/t-177462.html

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Since there is a post of mine in there, seems like the same thing with you. I just grabbed mine again and while it isn't "cool", at the same time I can hold on to the connector and not find it "too hot to hold on to".

3. Jammasterd

Jammasterd AllStar

Jul 6, 2006
    I'm just afraid the the warm-hot connector could melt some other wire behind the box, say the power cord.

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "My hand" says that won't happen.
    Whatever could melt, would have to have a fairly low melting point.

5. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    actually sounds as if this one may be hotter then others, others say they could could hold it.