1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Deca network

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Hornnumb2, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    This is how the installer hooked up my stuff.
    Hr34 hardwired network cable just plugged in back of box

Hr21 hardwired cable into box and out to deca

(2) r22 hardwired into box, deca present but no network hook into

Is this how it's suppose to be or do I need to change stuff up, I thought letting them hook it up was going to free up some of my home network. Thanks Michael

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    The R22 should match the HR21.

DECA connected to the coax and receiver [power] and then a small ethernet jumper to the ethernet port.
    When it's working you should see all green LEDs on the DECA.

3. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    So if I understand this right the Hr21 has the network cable going into the deca and that deca should send internet to all the other deca and they just need a jumper from the deca to erthenet port on the r22's. How is the line hooked up on the HR34 since it has no external deca? Thanks Michael

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    In your setup the HR34 is the internet bridge to the DECA network. The 34 has an internal DECA, so the receivers that don't have one [HR21 & R22] need an external DECA and it needs to connect to the receiver's network port.

5. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    So I just need to hook network cable to the hr34 and all the rest just a jumper from the deca box to receiver?

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yep