1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deca trouble. Please help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by lordraziel, Oct 31, 2010.

1. lordraziel

lordraziel New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    I just setup my 4 receivers (2xhr20-700, 1xhr22-100, 1xh24-700) with the white deca modules. The three dvr's see one another but the h24-700 don't see anything and the lights on the deca aren't on but do come on for a while as it starts up. What did I do wrong or might it be a bad module?

2. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    The H24 has an internal DECA. Remove the external DECA and plug the coax directly to the receiver.

P.S. You may have to redo sat setup if an ethernet cable was previously plugged into the unit.

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Remove the DECA module from the HR24 and make sure nothing is plugged into the ethernet port, the 24's have them built in, then reboot the HR24 and see if it works.

4. lordraziel

lordraziel New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    That fixed it. After reading the reply I remembered reading that somewhere before.

Thanks for the help.:)

5. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    NP, glad it was something as simple as that to fix. Enjoy!

6. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Great that it was that Simple!!! Definitely Enjoy. :)

7. lordraziel

lordraziel New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    New problem. Sense I didn't need to use the one I now tried to hook up my internet to the cloud. I have the Ethernet ran to my router (shows it is connected on router). The power light is on on the deca and the clink light is blinking and the network light isn't on. I have a pi on the one end with the cable and the other end is a straight coax to my 8 way splitter.

8. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Well now you have a DECA for your router. You just got to a green splitter & a PI.

9. lordraziel

lordraziel New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Will I need a splitter? I thought that if I ran it straight off the switch like the receivers it would work the same.

10. Drucifer

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I think it should. You might have to reset your router. Are the IP addresses for your boxes static?

11. lordraziel

lordraziel New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Yah they are. The one connected to the router is the only one doing this. Will try resetting the router.

Tried resetting router but even while doing that the clink light was flashing.

12. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    This is a sign of a problem with the RF DECA signal. Check your coax/connectors, etc.

13. lordraziel

lordraziel New Member

Sep 11, 2007

Could it also have anything to do with not having the splitter connected to it?

14. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    "Well yeah", how else can it get an RF signal? :confused:

15. Drucifer

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    He home run it from the 8 way splitter and not the nearest Hxx/HRxx.

16. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    Then if it is connected to a splitter, hopefully it's a green labeled one and then my first post about checking the coax/connectors is what should be done, because the cLink LED is showing there is a problem with the DECA RF signal.

17. lordraziel

lordraziel New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Here is a pic of the switch I am using. I have my four receivers connected to the bottom row and the direct line from the deca to the top right (opposite of the red colored one) Will check later today the coax to make sure everything is ok there.

Attached Files:

18. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    That's the right type "splitter" [not a switch].
    Unused ports should be terminated.
    It still sounds like a bad coax running to your DECA.

19. lordraziel

lordraziel New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Yah sorry bout that. Turns out I had the wrong line hooked up. Found the right coax and hooked it up now all is well.

Thanks for all the help. DBSTalk is awesome.