1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DECA with powerline internet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by cb7214, Jan 20, 2013.

1. cb7214

cb7214 Icon

Jan 25, 2007
    I have a HR20-700 and a HR24 with the Whole Home DVR setup. I am wanting to add internet capability to the setup for on demand ppv etc. I purchased a powerline adapter setup as my router isn't anywhere near a directv receiever and can't be due to work restrictions. I connected the power line adapter to the HR24 as of course the deca is connected to the HR20. However i am not able to get a internet connection on the HR24. I was trying to do some searches on the internet and here to find out what i may be doing wrong or what i need to do however. There are so many "setups". I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    You'll need to add a DECA for the internet, as the 24 will deactivate its DECA if you connect to the ethernet jack.
    To keep the whole home networking over coax, you'll need a CCK [DECA] for your router connection. If you need to use the powerline adapter it would connect to this.
    If you can get a coax near your router, the CCK would go straight to your router.
    If your router is WiFi, there is a WCCK.

3. cb7214

cb7214 Icon

Jan 25, 2007
    i was afraid of that answer, thanks guys i appreciate it.