1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decision time

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Kendick, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kendick

Kendick Mentor

Jan 31, 2005
    I am having a 622 installed next week and must make a decision on how I handle TV2.
    I have an 811 and a 510 receiver, plus a 310 which I will bw swapping for the 622.
    Since I only have one HD TV set and 2 SD tV sets I wonder why I should use the TV2 to replace the 811 0r the 510.

I wonder why I should not just leave the 510 on one set and the 811 on another and not use TV 2 for the second TV, (non HD)

I have made this sound complex but it may be simple to the experts in the forum
    Advice? Suggestions?

2. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Really the only advantage of getting rid of a receiver and using the 622 in dual mode is to save you some money. One less additional receiver/lease fee, or if you were to deactivate your 510, one less DVR fee as well. Oh, you'd also be able to view recorded content from the 622 on the 2nd TV, that would be another advantage.

Heck, if you wanted you could keep those other receivers, and still run TV2 to those receivers and plug it into the antenna inputs on them so you'd have a choice of viewing TV through the receiver, or from the 622.

I guess what I'm saying is it's really about what works best for environment and price point.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The ViP622 may be just what you need to replace the 510 and avoid paying an additonal $5.98 a month in DVR fees.

I'd do a trial with the 811 and on the proposed regular television to see if it is going to do what you want with acceptable quality. The 811 is a whole different bird from the other Dish receivers (no RF out, full OTA tuner).

4. Marriner

Marriner Legend

Jan 23, 2006
    Wow, your situation sounds just like mine. I have had my 622 fully operational for 8 days. Before 622 i had 811 in the family room, 510 in the master bedroom, 301 in the office/computer room.

I hooked the tv2 of the 622 to the tv in MBR. I left the 510 hooked up for a while to make sure my sweetie was satisfied with the 622. She loves it now, so the 510 was moved to my office. The 301 (her tv has video inputs only on the front so 811 with no rf out is not practical) now lives in my daughters room (she just moved back home after being in an apartment for awhile.)

I might eventually discontinue use of the 510 and send home distribution back to the office from the 622. This would give me only one dvr fee and one extra reciever fee (for the 301). Theroretically the two of us can only watch 2 different things at once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.