1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default 622 password?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Itsjimbob, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itsjimbob

Itsjimbob New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I want to set locks on my 622 but can not locate in the manual what the default password for the lock is. Anyone know?

2. Grauchy

Grauchy Cool Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Don't try to change the password. Just Lock it and it will request to create a password the first time. I did the same as you. I tried to set the password and It wanted to know the existing password which isn't printed anywhere.

So just set it to Lock and it will request you to enter a password the first time. This seems like a bug to me but no big deal.

3. Itsjimbob

Itsjimbob New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    You are correct. Thanks

4. mendy

mendy New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    I bought a Dishnetwork Dvr 522 from eBay and when I tried to erase the recording I was prompted with a password. I called the seller for the password but he told me that he was not the original owner and does not know the right password. Now I got stucked with useless Dvr. Does someone out here knows how to unclock it? Really needs help. TIA!

5. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    I think there is a way for Dish to send an unlock signal. You'll have to call tech support.

6. mendy

mendy New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Thanks!

7. Feb 3, 2007 #7 of 11
    Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin Legend

Jul 23, 2002
    I set a password but find that I don't really need it. But every time I try to delete a protected recording, I have to enter my password. I haven't forgotten the password, but I really don't want to enter it every time. Is there a simple way to turn it off or do I need to call a CSR?

Thanks, Bill

8. Feb 3, 2007 #8 of 11
    tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Going to Locks and unlock sytem.

But I wouldn't recommend it. Without locks it is easy for someone to mistakenly purchase something or make some other undesired change.

You could choice not to protect a recording. It won't be erased until you run out of disk space.

9. Feb 3, 2007 #9 of 11
    Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin Legend

Jul 23, 2002
    I'm the only user of this 622, and I won't accidentally make a purchase or any changes that cause problems. And - I have run out of disk space, which is what happens when you program 26 HD movies for a 7 day period! :lol: I'd prefer that the system simply stop recording when I'm out of space rather than deleting movies that are already recorded.

BTW - I did what you suggested, we'll see if it worked next time I delete a recording.

10. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    If you protect your shows they won't be recorded over. Also if you record series tv you can set how many shows you want saved before it records the oldest copy of that particular show. So if you have a timer for a soap for Mon - Fri and you set it to save 2 copies it will save only 2 and record over the oldest copy each day. I use this feature for my sons kiddie shows and it saves the hard drive from filling up. I have it set up on my other series tv shows to and only save one. The other sure way to have it stop recording is to unplug it. Sorry I had to say it.:p

11. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    While you might not, your neighbors could if thier UHF remote happens to be on the same address as yours. It is a good idea to always change the default address but it is also very wise to lock your receiver "just in case".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.