1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Defective receiver?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Link, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    I bought this cheap RCA 400 watt surround sound at Walmart for $150. It wasn't that great and I decided to return it anyway and go with an Onkyo system at Circuit City (still deciding).

Anyway using the RCA tonight the volume wouldn't go past 43. It had been going up to 50 which is the max so why now would it just go to 43?? I unplugged it to reset to see if that helped and the same thing. I'm returning it anyway, but just found it odd the receiver was doing this.

2. BuckeyeChris

BuckeyeChris Icon/Supporter

Apr 20, 2004
    "The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board. Eleven, eleven, eleven."
    "Oh, I see, and mostly, the amps go up to ten?"
    "Exactly."
    "Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?"
    "Well, it's one louder, isn't it?"

Click here to hear this in Nigel's voice!

"One louder."
    "Why don't you just make ten louder, and make ten be the top number, and make that a little louder?"
    "These go to eleven."

Click here to hear this in Nigel's voice!
    :icon_band

Attached Files: