1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Delete on REELZ

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Steve, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    A TV movie premiering tonite that got a decent review in today's NYTimes.

Not sure about Dish, but DirecTV only gets REELZ in SD. It premieres tonite at 8PM on 238.

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Dish gets it in HD.

3. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    Well, I thought about watching it, just turned on reelz and the picture is pretty bad, looks squished, everything is shorter and wider than it should be. Don't think I can watch that for 2 hours.

Sent from my s3 using DBSTalk mobile app

4. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Reelz is 4:3 pillar-boxed on my display with the correct aspect ratio for the content. I watch King on it every week, and it looks reasonably OK, for content that's not widescreen or high def.

5. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    I'm watching Becker now and it looks good, is the picture better at night, or is it more the show?

6. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    For us DirecTV subscribers, hopefully Reelz will put the film up shortly on Reelz On Demand (1238) where currently everything available is in HD.

BTW, if you watch King regularly, Reelz has been rotating the latest episode that airs on the linear channel in HD On Demand.

1 person likes this.
  7. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Good to know. Thanks!

8. larryk

larryk Legend

Aug 17, 2006
    Well, after watching it, I should have heeded it's title...

9. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    !rolling

Haven't watched it yet, but sounds like you don't agree with the NYT reviewer!