1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Shows?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by omj, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omj

omj Legend

Jun 28, 2007
    Is there an easy way to delete a show. When I go to the list and select a show it displays all the shows it has recorded for that series. Is there a way to delete it by highlighting it? At this moment I have to select the show and select delete. I wondered if there was another button to delete like the red or yellow or something.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Highlight it and press dash dash. Be careful because you can delete the folder.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    When you have it highlighted:

Hit the DASH button twice "DASH" "DASH" (bottom left corner of your remote).

You can also delete an ENTIRE group, highlight the GROUP and hit "DASH" "DASH"

You can also BULK delete.... when in My Playlist... hit MENU->Mark and Delete

4. omj

omj Legend

Jun 28, 2007
    Arggghhhh. Now I am going to have to add the dash to the Harmony setup!!!

5. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    Just put it where the "+" is. You will use it all the time. (Don't understand why it's not in the initial setup for the harmony. Just one of those unsolved mysteries of life, I guess.)

The dash is also used for entering OTA channels (9-1, 9-2) and for confirmations in other parts of the system (such as doing a menu reset).

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    FYI the dash is also used for OTA channel input (like 2-1) so it definitely deserves a place on your Harmony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.