1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting timers? -or- Am I really this dense?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by windex, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windex

windex New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    I guess I'm just really dense but I cant seem to figure out how to delete my old timers that have no upcoming recordings.

The only location I know of deleting a timer is from the Info screen with the update and delete buttons. I've never stumbled on any other locations of a delete button. The prioritizer doesn't bring up any info for items in the list that have no scheduled episodes when the info button is pressed. Like I said I'm probably just really dense but please help... 75% of my 50 timers are shows that aren't likely to come again... :(

2. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    Removing items with no upcoming episodes can be done by highlighting the selection and using the DASH DASH delete shortcut.

3. windex

windex New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Was able to find it browsing through a couple days worth of posts while waiting for any replies. But the good news is I'm not as dense as I thought and the solution was non-intuitive.

Solution: From prioritizer press the - key twice. (key to the left of the 0 on the number pad).
    Note: Would not work with my harmony remote with a default key setup, will need to modify button layouts.

Thanks for the reply, I was writing this at the same time. ;)

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    There are a lot of informative tips and tricks available in the Information Resources subforum. Milominderbinder2 has done an excellent job of organizing them into a PDF.

and Welcome to the forum!

5. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    What's a timer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.