1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Description doesn't match what's recorded

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by F1aReD, Mar 9, 2013.

1. F1aReD

F1aReD AllStar

Sep 27, 2011
    One of the shows I record on my local PBS station (Ask This Old House), doesn't seem to match the description. For example, the recording IS Ask TOH, but the description says the show is about installing a sink and spreading mulch (just an example), and you go to watch it and it's something entirely different, usually an episode I've already watched...so it's rare I actually watch a brand new episode...How do I fix this?

Sorry if it's kind of confusing. Haven't seen any description errors on live TV, although I usually just watch that show recorded, and nothing else on that channel.

Also: (didn't want to start a new thread) Occasionally, the DIRECTV screen saver will pop on when I'm watching TV, it's the logo and it says "Visit directv.com/customer" Not sure if this is on something recorded or live TV, it's very strange and doesn't happen very often.

-Andy

2. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Send an email to the channel. The data is sent by them to the tribune company, who sells it to directv.

I had a similar problem with a sub channel carried by fios. I wrote to the channel and they got it fixed.

3. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    I see wrong show descriptions on local PBS channels all the time.

4. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Here in Denver, Wheel of Fortune's guide data is offset by two episodes. For example, the episode data for Wednesday's show is actually for the previous Monday's show, and the data for Monday's show is for the previous Thursday's show. It's been this way for at least two years now. The same channel also had bad data for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but that problem got fixed when the show moved to a different time slot. Both of these shows are syndicated.