1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Determining DVR space and which shows will be deleted

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by VelvetUn, Feb 14, 2013.

1. VelvetUn

VelvetUn Mentor

Aug 2, 2007
    After the last free movie channel free preview weekend, I lost some shows on the DVR because I recorded too much. Is there any way to tell beforehand whether a recording will cause another show to delete and which show that may be on the list?

2. Singe0255

Singe0255 Cool Member

Jan 7, 2011
    An exclamation mark in the playliost indicates a program that is scheduled to be deleted pending incoming recordings.

3. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    You can protect recordings you want to keep (up to a point) by highlighting them in the playlist and pressing the blue key on your remote. A special icon will remind you that this show will be "the last to go".

The DVR also decides which shows to delete when new series link (prioritizer) recordings are being added. When you set up a prioritizer link there are options to decide when other shows of the same title will be deleted to make room.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Slight correction ThomasM, the blue "K" symbol means it will not delete the show to make room for others. If there are no items that are not marked as keep until I delete, when full the dvr will not record new shows period until you free up some space manually. Only shows marked as keep until disk is full will be automatically deleted to make room for newer recordings.