1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detroit local HD channels choppy -pixely

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by otnipj3s, Sep 12, 2012.

1. otnipj3s

otnipj3s AllStar

Jul 20, 2008
    Local Detroit HD channels are choppy- pixely. These local HD channels use the 129 sat. The other non-local HD channels on 129 are fine. The local SD channels are also fine. Is this a local spotbeam problem?

2. otnipj3s

otnipj3s AllStar

Jul 20, 2008
    Channels are fine now. Sent an e-mail to dishquality.com 2 hours ago. Maybe this is what fixed it.

3. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    It's hard to say. I didn't see anything about problems with local HD channels in Detroit. Please let me know if it reoccurs. Thanks.

4. otnipj3s

otnipj3s AllStar

Jul 20, 2008
    Thanks Ray C.

5. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    You're welcome!

6. otnipj3s

otnipj3s AllStar

Jul 20, 2008
    Service just left after replacing my 722. Problem appeared to be a local HD- 129 sat problem. Problem was related to DVR recording. Pixelation started with recording and continued after event was done. Seemed to be a local HD problem, but we were recording locals every day. Tech said it is, was a known
    grounding problem with the receiver. Tech noticed signal increased after new box was installed also.