1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

dev recorder/player

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by colt45, Oct 7, 2008.

1. colt45

colt45 New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    i have a vip 722. i do not want to spend $40 plus the expense of a external hard drive. i would like to buy a hd dvd recorder/player and connect it to my vip 722. is this possible and any recommendations. i want to make a dvd i have stored on my 722.

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
  3. colt45

colt45 New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    will do and thank you

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Every so often I wonder if I erred in using my EHD's to archive movies as it can only be used on ViP DVR's. But then I realized I would never have "real-time" recorded the 150+ HD movies already on the EHD's. And if I want to, I can still record them on my DVR-R at reduced definition. Just thinking out loud.:roundandr