1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexter Season Finale OAD 12/18/2011

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by cj9788, Dec 19, 2011.

1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    OH MY FU*KING GOD! As Debra would say..................

Talk about a cliffhanger that IMO we have not seen since Who Shot JR. That is what this ending is to any hardcore Dexter Fan. Debra walking in on Dexter as he kills Travis Marshal was epic.

This is going to be taking a story line from the books because in the books Debra knows Dexter and his dark passenger for what they are. One can only imagine that Dexter will be doing some pretty fast talking and perhaps a bit of incest (not really because Dex was adopted) in series 7. Also we know that there is also going to be a series 8 so I highly doubt Debra is going to arrest her brother the man she is in love with.

I can only wonder if Debra will feel betrayed if Dexter comes fully clean about the Bay Harbor Butcher, Miguel Prado, the Trinity killer, everything Dexter did with Lumen, and the ultimate betrayal of keeping all of this from her while she was trying to establish herself as the new Lieutenant of Miami Metro Homicide.

Also I hope they offer us an explanation as to why Louis Greene sent Dexter the prosthetic hand be bought online,what the markings he put on the palm, why he sent it to Dexter and what is this fascination he seems to have with Dexter.

The wait for series 7 is going to be a long one......

2. d.glen

d.glen Cool Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Is this going to be a dream at the end where Deb walked in?

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Awesome ending!

4. Dario33

Dario33 Godfather

Dec 15, 2008
    I wasn't all that impressed with this season. That said, I did enjoy the finale...and about time Deb finding out!

5. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Great ending and they planned it well with Deb realizing Dex is the only man she loves and understands her so she can't turn him in now, plus there wouldn't be a show if Dexter was in jail. I am betting Dexter says he just killed Travis because he tried to kill Deb and this is a one time thing. I was also wondering if the hand doesn't some how mean that Louis Greene knows what Dexter does, he is a very smart guy and could have easily hacked into Dexter's computer and looked at everything he has been searching.

Could be very interesting if there are any intimate scenes with Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter since they are now divorced.

That and the Homeland finale after made a great night of TV.

6. djnaldo

djnaldo Cool Member

May 27, 2005
    I think the hand is the start of a new serial killer.

7. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I did not know that.

8. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

That is so true.......

9. balboadave

balboadave Legend

Mar 3, 2010
    That was the Ice Truck Killer "souvenir" that the girl lab tech sold and the new lab tech bought. I'm not sure it meant anything other than a gift for Dexter from his new number one fan.

10. brian188

brian188 Legend

Oct 13, 2007
    Sadly, saw it coming all the way... I mean when they made a point of Deb making a point to tell Dexter to "go there and finish up the scene, etc." The whole time we knew that was his kill room.

As soon as the scene where she told him to "not forget" about the church it was ruined for me. Actually I suspected it before, but that scene confirmed it.

Would have been cool to have that wow factor though.

11. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

The weird thing is the lines he traced on the palm of the prostetic hand. Looked to me like was sending somekind of message, I dont remeber the entire scene when he was making the lines but wasnt he using a book about palm reading as he was doing it.

12. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Well you had greater insight than I did, I for one never saw it coming.

13. pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
    Me neither. I was floored. But then again I never dissect the scenes as I watch them, I'm just immersed in the story, so a lot of these tell-tale signs go over my head.

14. djnaldo

djnaldo Cool Member

May 27, 2005
    I thnk it could be the first step to him becoming a killer and bringing his video game "to life".

15. Michael H..

Michael H.. Member

May 31, 2007
    Season Se7en has come and gone...

Season Ei8ht is upon us... sooner rather than later.
    Rather than kicking off the last week in September, conforming to industry standards...

Dexter Season Ei8ht is premiering the last week of June...

16. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    You responded to a post from December of 2011 which was well before season 7 started...

17. Michael H..

Michael H.. Member

May 31, 2007
    Uh... thanks?
    But it's not that I wasn't aware of that (my 1st sentence would seem to indicate that)... only that I (still) didn't think it was important.
    The gist and extent of the post was a "heads-up" that the season premiere was imminent, an earlier ETA (last sentence, highlighted).
    If you feel strongly enough to post that my post warranted a new thread, you should contact a moderator and insist that they close this one. Sorry if my post caused you distress...

18. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    It may not be important now, since we're almost 16 months past that, but it was then.