1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DHA No commitment

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tsmacro, Jun 7, 2010.

1. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Ok for this promo I understand there's a $99 up front fee, you do the credit score check, have to have a valid credit/debit card and you don't get any promotional pricing. The benefit is you don't have to pay for your equipment or installation plus you can come and go as you please with no commitment or early term fees that come along with the commitment. Ok the thing I can't seem to nail down is I have someone that wants it put in their vacation house and he's there for a week here and there during the summer and then five months over the winter. He wants to know if there's any kind of "on hold" fees and or reactivation fees for when he's not using the service and then turning it back on. I used to be able to find this info on Dish's site but I can't seem to find it now, I seem to remember it cost something like $5/mo to have an acct on hold and/or $25 to have it turned back on after having it on hold for a while, but I have to admit it's been a long time since i've signed anyone up with that promo and i'm having trouble finding anything confirming on dishnetwork.com so i'm hoping maybe someone here knew the answers. Thanks.

2. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Yes, call or chat to ask about Dish Pause.

3. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Ok I spoke to someone and was told the only fees involved are a $10/mo fee if you lease the equipment (which is what I was describing above) or $5/mo fee if you own the equipment to have your dish on pause. Also you can't have it on pause for more than 6 mos, if you do it's automatically reactivated.

4. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    If you are a retailer, you may want to speak to Retail Services as well. If a DHA customer puts his account on pause during the first year of services and especially in the first 180 days, you may see some substantial chargebacks.
    Chargebacks are usually reversed once the customer takes his account off pause but it can still be a bit of a nuisance.

5. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...

Yep, we're aware of this, luckily these are few and far between so it's not that big of a deal, but thanks for the "heads up".