1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diabetic Teenage Driver Gets Tased after Crash

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Drucifer, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Diabetic Teen Hit with Taser after Crash

SOURCE

Reminds me of when my father had an accident because he had a stroke while driving. Instead of getting medical treatment, he was arrested for DUI and put in jail.

Forty years later, and the cops are still as dumb as a brick of number two.

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Someone having a diabetic emergency can easily appear to be under the influence. Plus, if he did not have an emergency alert bracelet, that would make it that much harder to determine that this was a medical emergency.

As for his Dad, 40 years ago the signs and symptoms of a stroke were not as well known as they are now. So, his behavior after having the stoke could very well have resembled that of someone who was DUI.

3. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I agree he should have been wearing an emergency alert bracelet.

4. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Like a cop is going to take the time to look for a medical bracelet. It seems he did not take the time to do anything but jump to the conclusion that he was dealing with someone who was resisting or willfully ignoring the officers commands to exit the car. The officer needs to be retrained in basic first aid......

5. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Can someone explain to me why not getting out of a car is cause for getting tased?

If the cop thought he was drunk, does that mean it's ok to tase a drunk?

6. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Those cops have too much attitude and too little brains.

If they do these things automatically because they think they might be in danger, they need a little more nerve, too.

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Cops are way outta control and its sad!!!!

Poor boy :(