1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Diablo III

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Mark Holtz, May 10, 2012.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Anyone planning on getting and playing this game? I know a co-worker who is taking a few days off just to play.

2. Wire Nut

Wire Nut Legend

Apr 6, 2012
    Yep, I'm all over it. Never touched WOW, I know it would have consumed my life:) Every other Blizzard title I have played and loved, the original Diablo was fantastic, "fresh meat" from the butcher still haunts my dreams. 2 was great as well but was more of an action RPG, I really want to see the horror back in 3 but it looks too bright and cartoony for that. Either way it will be worthy of a purchase because Blizzard is seemingly immune to producing garbage.

3. koji68

koji68 Icon

Jun 21, 2004
    Pre-ordered it. I also upgraded my video card, installed an SSD, and getting a gaming mouse. I'm ready! :lol:

4. Wire Nut

Wire Nut Legend

Apr 6, 2012
    Couple days of play time in, I'm impressed. Deja vu big time, this is a super old-school approach with updated graphics and interface. Lots of old friends from the original two and non-stop action. Almost through act one, two thumbs up so far!
    Edit: Wish Blizzard had done Fallout 3 instead of Bethesda. Don't get me wrong, loved FO3, but Blizzard would have done it justice.

5. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Curious on your thoughts now after 1.03 Patch and assuming you reached inferno before said patch. Put just over 100 hours in and hit the inferno Act 2 wall, personally refuse to pay real money for items in the game so that is about it for my Diablo 3 gaming. Probably a good thing I spent hundreds of hours leveling to 99 in D2 and farming for elite items, no better feeling than finding a Windforce bow or the highest MF charms. Don't get the same joy out of it with D3, which is what they intended with the Real money auction that they get a cut of.

Aside from the $60 in the game I had to drop another $100 to update my video card just refuse to pay hundreds more to be able to finish the game.

6. inf0z

inf0z Legend

Oct 15, 2011
    Damage from Inferno mobs has been reduced by a lot. I find D3 end game to be boring. EverQuest and WoW had much better end games.