1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Did a Mover's Connection - Question About Free Premiums

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by chevyguy559, Nov 17, 2012.

1. chevyguy559

chevyguy559 Fresno State Bulldog!

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    So I moved on 8/24 so I get the premiums free for 3 months, which would take me to 11/23.....will they continue or do I need to call to continue them or at least Showtime. I am going out of the country and want my DVR to record the newest Dexter while I'm gone, so I need to know if I need to call prior to travelling to make sure I don't miss an episode, thanks!

2. dondude32

dondude32 Legend

Apr 3, 2003
    They will continue. You will have to call to cancel. They want you to keep them.

3. harperhometheater

harperhometheater Legend

Aug 30, 2012
    That wasn't true in my case. I got them free for 2 months when I called to cancel dtv and then ended up upgrading to HR34 instead when they offered me a great deal. I called back a couple days before the 2 months were over to cancel them so I wasn't charged and the csr told me it would be automatic and she didn't even see them listed in my account, so there was no way she could shut them off, even if she wanted to!

Well after the 2 months were up a few of the premiums turned off, but to my pleasure most remained, so I thought maybe I was getting a bonus. :) Lo and behold tho, a couple weeks after that they all did indeed automatically shut off. :(

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have had them stop automatically and then have had to call and have them turned off.
    I think they have 2 or 3 systems running and it is a toss up of what will happen.

5. chevyguy559

chevyguy559 Fresno State Bulldog!

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    Hmm....well in my account online, it shows $45 a month charge for the premiums, and then I get a credit for the $45....I'm assuming the credit will drop off and the premiums will remain....luckily I am in town until 11/24 so if they are still on on the 23rd I should be ok :D

6. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    This is correct...the $45 credit will stop, the $45 charge will continue.